If there’s a finer way to spend an afternoon, we’ve yet to find it!
Afternoon Tea on Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway!
- Sandwich Selection (Ham, Cheese Savoury, Egg & Cress and Tuna mayo)
- Mini quiche
- Salad garnish
- Home-made fresh scone served with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Cake selection (Macaroon, mini chocolate brownie, mini Victoria sponge and mini trifle)
- First Class: Table seat, table cloth, antimacassars, (weekend only) and a reserved seat in one of our lovingly restored carriages!
- Hot beverages of fresh ground filter coffee or our delightful local tea from Yorkshire!
- Return journey – your table is reserved for your return journey too – perhaps you’d like to save some for the way back?
- Refills of our tea and coffee available on the return journey
- Children can have fresh apple or orange juice (instead of tea/coffee) if they prefer
- Day rover ticket to ride on the train for the rest of the day (standard class)
- PLEASE NOTE ITS EXPECTED THAT OUR AFTERNOON TEAS WILL SELL OUT. ADVANCE BOOKING ESSENTIAL!
Sunday 28th July: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
Sunday 4th August: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
Sunday 18th August: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
Sunday 1st September: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
Sunday 22nd September: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
Sunday 6th October: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
Sunday 20th October: Steam train, departs from Bolton Abbey Station.
WEDNESDAY + THURSDAY DATES
July: 24th, 25th & 31st. Steam train, departs from Embsay station.
August: 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21th, 22nd, 28th & 29th. Steam train, departs from Embsay station.
DALES DINING: ADDITIONAL INFO
We do our best to cater for individuals with specialist dietary requirements. The information below summarises which of our Dales Dining events are suitable for vegans, vegetarians and coliacs. If you require more information regarding any aspect of our Dales Dining trains, you can speak to our Catering Manager Ryan Whittaker direct on 07885 986717 between 9am and 6pm.
Vegetarian suitability: The Curry Express, Cucina - The Italian Dining Experience, Fish & Chips Specials, Breakfast Train, Ploughman's Lunch, Afternoon Teas, Wine & Cheese tasting, Faulty Towers - The Dining Experience, Winter Warmers and Cream Teas. These events are either vegetarian or have an alternative vegetarian option. Select vegetarian tickets in the checkout (if available). The Wine & Cheese, Winter Warmers and Cream Teas are all meat-free products and thus for these events specifically vegetarian tickets are not available.
Gluten Free: We are not able to cater for coeliacs as we do not have a suitable separate food preparation area on our train. However, we may be able to cater for some gluten free diets on The Curry Express, Cucina - The Italian Dining Experience, Cream Teas, The Ploughman's Lunch, and Winter Warmers. Please contact the catering manager (Ryan Whittaker, 07885 986717) with your requirements in advance of any ticket purchases.
Dogs: Whilst we are a dog friendly Railway we regret (with the exception of guide dogs) we do not allow dogs in our dining carriages.
DALES DINING TRAINS
Our 'Dales Dining' trains are frequently fully booked - advance booking is essential. The easiest way to book is to do so online through our ticketing facility.
For more information on any of our trains, contact us at Bolton Abbey Station on (01756) 710614.
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.