Class 37 cab rides
Father's Day and Real Ale Weekend
It’s raw. It’s powerful. It’s noisy. It’s industrial. And you'll never forget it! Experience the power of a 100-ton, 2,000hp English Electric engine and enjoy a cab ride in a heritage diesel locomotive from just £50!
The £50 price includes:
- A year’s complimentary membership of the railway (worth £20)
- A day rover ticket for the day (worth £12)
- A cab ride (single) from either Embsay to Bolton Abbey (priceless!)
- Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway mug and certificate.
Please note, due to limited room, we can only take one person per trip from each station. You cannot participate in this event if you have been drinking alcohol. We have a zero-tolerance policy with regards to being under the influence of alcohol on the footplate and you will not be admitted to the cab if you have been drinking, or appear to have been drinking. The driver's decision will be final on the day.
Choose the 'Cab Rides' option within the ticketing facility on this link.
DIESEL & ALE DAYS
For the Real Ale Weekend we usually have the Class 37 diagrammed to run, with real ale being served on the train in the buffet car bar as part of our Rail Ale Festival! You’ll have Naylor’s Blonde and Goose Eye Bitter to choose from, along 14 other cask ales with a range of fantastic bottled beers, ciders, perry and gin.
Come and join us for a very special weekend, and be sure to buy your tickets in advance!
Catch some heritage diesel action!
We recommend tickets are bought in advance – as we know that the Cab Rides have been very popular in the past and with such limited availability they usually sell out.
DIESEL RUNNING DAYS
We have a range of historic diesel locomotives here at Embsay & Bolton Steam Railway, from industrial shunters to ex-BR mainline locomotives.
- Book your ticket online before travelling to the railway, to minimise contact and maximise distancing between staff, volunteers and visitors
- On our standard day services - each booking will be allocated a seat in a private compartment - you will not be asked to share a compartment with another booking.
- You will be allocated a coach letter and compartment number on your ticket which is yours for ONE return trip - our staff will be happy to show you to your compartment.
- All services start and end at EMBSAY STATION BD23 6QX
- Please arrive half hour before departure, a sheltered area, cafe and open air lawn with seating are provided for waiting.
- The train will be fully cleaned before you board - please allow us the time between trains to perform this task.
- Toilets are located at Embsay station and at Bolton Abbey station. There are no toilets open on board the train.
- Masks need only be worn if browsing in our shops at Embsay or Bolton Abbey.
- Hand sanitiser points are located all around our station sites.
- Our staff will be on hand to help with any specific requests.
- Please note, for the duration of the pandemic we are not seling 'Day Rover' tickets. Customers will need to return on the same train (you will not be able to go out on one gor for a walk, then return on a later train)
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.