FATHER'S DAY - 16th June 2019
Father's Day is always part of a very special weekend. We will have two trains in operation, a steam train on the main set and our heritage diesel which will be hauling our catering train. There are a number of ways how you can enjoy Father's Day with us:
- Ride on our standard service train (steam-hauled, either station, all day long, £6 & £12)
- Champagne breakfasts in the Queen Victoria Royal Saloon (9.30am from Embsay, £30 & £35)
- Cooked breakfasts in our First Class carriages (9.30am from Embsay SOLD OUT)
- Cooked breakfasts in our First Class carriages (10.30am from Bolton Abbey, SOLD OUT)
- Afternoon Teas in our First Class Dales Diner (12pm, 1.30pm & 3pm from Bolton Abbey, £22 & £30)
- Royal Afternoon Teas in Queen Victoria's Royal Saloon (12pm, 1.30pm & 3pm from Bolton Abbey, £41 & £47 LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
- Cab rides (£52) are also available in our heritage diesel.
- We expect the Box Van Bar to be open too in Embsay station car park.
The heritage diesel will be our classic 1960's English Electric Heritage Class 37 diesel locomotive.
PLEASE NOTE: Demand for our cab rides, afternoon teas and cooked breakfast trains always exceeds supply! They will sell out and so early booking for these trains is essential.
Click through to our ticketing website to purchase your tickets now.
Queen Victoria Champagne Breakfast
- Travel in the exclusive Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee Royal Saloon (as seen on Channel 4’s Great Rail Restorations)
- Champagne and fruit juices, pastries, fruit salad and smoked salmon with cream cheese or ham on traditional Victorian muffins
- Hot beverages of fresh ground filter coffee or our local Yorkshire tea
- Departs from Embsay at 9.30am
- Prices: £30 (children) £35 (adults)
Dales Dining Afternoon Teas
- Travel in our First Class Dales Diner
- 12.00pm, 1.30pm and 3pm, all departing from Bolton Abbey.
- For Father’s day, included in our standard Afternoon Teas is a free pint of real ale from the bar, a glass of Prosecco or a bottle of one of our finest ales.
- Sandwich Selection (Ham, Cheese Savoury, Egg & Cress and Tuna mayo)
- Mini quiche + salad garnish
- Home-made fresh scone served with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Cake selection (Macaroon, mini chocolate brownie, mini Victoria sponge and mini trifle)
- First Class: Table seat, table cloth, antimacassars and a reserved seat in one of our lovingly restored carriages!
- Hot beverages of fresh ground filter coffee or our delightful local tea from Yorkshire
- Prices: £22 (children) £30 (adults)
If there’s a finer way to spend an afternoon, we’ve yet to find it! – Afternoon Tea on Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway!
Queen Victoria Royal Saloon Afternoon Tea
- Travel in the exclusive Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee Royal Saloon (as seen on Channel 4's Great Rail Restorations)
- Hot beverages of fresh ground filter coffee or our freshly brewed tea
- Prosecco and delightful Afternoon Tea
- Return journey in Queen Victoria's Royal Saloon
- Refills of our tea and coffee available throughout
- Children can have fresh apple or orange juice (instead of tea/coffee) if they prefer
- Vegetarian option available for sandwich selection
- Depart from Bolton Abbey 12.00pm, 1.30pm & 3.00pm
- Prices: £43 (children) £49 (adults)
BOX VAN BAR
BOX VAN BAR
Our Box Van Bar is in Embsay car park, serving a range of cask ales, bottles of real ale from a local brewery, wine, cider and kids drinks from 11:00am at Embsay. There are also refreshments at Bolton Abbey station and hot food available at Embsay Station.
Father's Day: Cab Rides
It’s Raw. It’s Powerful. It’s Noisy. It’s Industrial. And Dad will never forget it! He can forget his V6 parked in his driveway! Our engine's nearly 2,000hp, and on Dad’s special day, Sunday 16th June 2019, he can enjoy a cab ride in a heritage diesel locomotive for just £50!
Nothing beats travelling in the cab of an historic class 37 diesel train from the 1960’s - just a few feet away from the powerful English Electric 12-cylinder engine. The locomotive was designed to haul heavy trains round the country in the 1960’s, and at 100 tons, it’s the heaviest working locomotive on the railway - no wonder this class of locomotive have the nickname 'Tractors'!
Whilst you're upfront in the cab, hearing the roar and feeling the vibrations as the historic engine kicks into life, the rest of the family can ride in the tranquility of our historic coaches behind, as Dad and the locomotive pull the train through the Yorkshire countryside!
The £52 price includes:
- A year's complimentary membership of the railway (worth £20)
- A day rover ticket for the railway on Father's Day (worth £12)
- A cab ride (single) from either Embsay or Bolton Abbey (priceless!)
- Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway mug and certificate.
Please note, due to limited room, we can only take two people per trip from each station.
Departures from Embsay at: 09.30, 11.10, 12.40, 14.10, 15.40, 17.00*
Departures from Bolton Abbey at: 10.30, 12.00, 13.30, 15.00, 16.30
*The 17.00 from Embsay will not return to Embsay and if you purchase a cab ride to travel on the 17.00 departure, you must ensure you have already travelled from Bolton Abbey on an earlier train - no later than the 16.30 from Bolton Abbey.
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.