Celebrating the Bull Dog spirit of the home front!
Relive the nostalgia of 1940s Wartime Britain – 7th & 8th September 2019.
The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway steps back to the difficult times of 1942-43 Wartime Britain.
Various re-enactment societies attend the railway over both days. Watch out for the Home Guard, Soldiers and Airmen returning home on leave and, of course, the long suffering civilians.
There will be displays at each station and military vehicles.
Come along and experience the atmosphere!
Embsay station: Spitfire, RAF lorries, Spitfire engine will be started up twice a day on both days. The singers are Maria Manchester (Embsay) and Peter Jones (Bolton Abbey). Pathe news in the shelter on platform 2. Para Display, Toys from the 40s, French Resistance, Dig for Victory display, 1940’s food kitchen (with full 1940’s kitchen) Motor bikes, Dodge m37 truck, Pocket watch display, 1920s wheel chair, 1934 Morris 10 4 car
Bolton Abbey in the carpark: Field Hospital, Vintage Tractors, Vintage Caravans, Rover p2/10, Motor Bikes, Vintage Cars, Jeeps in the paddock, Duke of Wellingtons Regiment (in camp) ,Home Guard, US beach party, Ladies on the Home Front, Resistance Display, Baby in the Gas Mask, Vintage Cars, Jeeps, Vintage sales stalls. The Home Guard will be doing UXB DISPLAY at 11 30 & 2 30PM US GI’S looking for a spiv on the train (Sat only)
Singers: Maria Manchester and Peter Jones (both days). Church Parade 11.00 on Sunday.
Re-enactors wishing to attend are very welcome, and should contact (01756) 710614 to book in. This needs to be done well in advance so that we can cater for you and provide the best possible experience.
Above photos courtesy of Harry Dwyer.
Bus Service to Bolton Abbey Station
Operated by Harrogate Bus Company
- Book your ticket online before travelling to the railway, to minimise contact and maximise distancing between staff, volunteers and visitors
- On our standard day services - each booking will be allocated a seat in a private compartment - you will not be asked to share a compartment with another booking.
- You will be allocated a coach letter and compartment number on your ticket which is yours for ONE return trip - our staff will be happy to show you to your compartment.
- All services start and end at EMBSAY STATION BD23 6QX
- Please arrive half hour before departure, a sheltered area, cafe and open air lawn with seating are provided for waiting.
- The train will be fully cleaned before you board - please allow us the time between trains to perform this task.
- Toilets are located at Embsay station and at Bolton Abbey station. There are no toilets open on board the train.
- Masks need only be worn if browsing in our shops at Embsay or Bolton Abbey.
- Hand sanitiser points are located all around our station sites.
- Our staff will be on hand to help with any specific requests.
- Please note, for the duration of the pandemic we are not seling 'Day Rover' tickets. Customers will need to return on the same train (you will not be able to go out on one gor for a walk, then return on a later train)
1940’S WEEKEND RE-ENACTORS’ ENTRY FORM
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.