Home - Location - Timetable - Facilities - FAQs - Events - Stately Trains
News - Photogalleries - Digital Archive - History - Shops - Departments
Stocklist - Projects - Signalling - Membership - Volunteering - Links
887 was built by Ruston Hornsby (No. 3940009) in 1955. It is a 4wDM, of 88hp, and came to the railway from North Western Gas, Warrington Gas Works. For many years it was one of the P-Way's locomotives, seen here ballasting the extensions to Skibeden (above left) and to Holywell Halt (above right), but has really become too small. Although it is brown in these photos, it currently supports an Olive Green livery, and is serviceable, although is only used for shunting manouvers at Embsay.
Recently the loco has been repainted (as can be seen to the right), and has also had some of the louvred body panels replaced which had become rotten. Hopefully in the near future it will be used to haul a private members' photo charter, which should give it a good run out.
The top two photos are (c) Charles Boylan, while the photo to the right was taken by Tom Ireland during part of a P-Way day relaying at Holywell Bridge. It is seen in the new Top Yard in front of the diesel railcrane.