Celebrating the Bull Dog spirit of the home front!
Relive the nostalgia of 1940s Wartime Britain – 9th & 10th September 2017.
The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway steps back to the difficult times of 1942-43 Wartime Britain.
Various re-enactment societies attend the railway over both days. Watch out for the Home Guard, Soldiers and Airmen returning home on leave and, of course, the long suffering civilians.
There will be displays at each station and military vehicles.
Come along and experience the atmosphere!
Re-enactors wishing to attend are very welcome, and should contact (01756) 710614 to book in. This needs to be done well in advance so that we can cater for you and provide the best possible experience.
Cream Teas available on Sunday 10th September (1940's Weekend)
- First Class Silver Service: Table seat, embroidered table cloth, head rests and curtains
- Hot beverages of Fresh Ground Filter Coffee or our delightful Yorkshire Tea
- Fresh scone served with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Return journey – your table is reserved for your return journey too – perhaps you’d like to save half of your scone for the way back?
- Refills of our tea and coffee available on the return journey
- Children have the option of a large cookie instead of the scone (most still opt for the scone!)
- Children can have fresh apple or orange juice (instead of tea/coffee) if they prefer
- Day rover ticket to ride on the train for the rest of the day (back in standard class)
- Your Cream Tea ticket includes admission and train ride for the 1940's weekend.
- PLEASE NOTE OUR CREAM TEAS FREQUENTLY SELL OUT! ADVANCE BOOKING ESSENTIAL!
Children (3-15) £16 / Adults £18
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.