Celebrating the Bull Dog spirit of the home front!
Relive the nostalgia of 1940s Wartime Britain – 9th & 10th September 2017.
The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway steps back to the difficult times of 1942-43 Wartime Britain.
Various re-enactment societies attend the railway over both days. Watch out for the Home Guard, Soldiers and Airmen returning home on leave and, of course, the long suffering civilians.
There will be displays at each station and military vehicles.
Come along and experience the atmosphere!
Embsay station: Spitfire, RAF lorries, Spitfire engine will be started up twice a day on both days. The singers are Maria Manchester on Sunday and Peter Jones Saturday. Pathe news in the shelter on platform 2. Para Display, Toys from the 40s, French Resistance, Dig for Victory, Motor bikes, Dodge m37 truck, Pocket watch display, 1920s wheel chair, 1934 Morris 10 4 car
Bolton Abbey in the carpark: Vintage Caravans, Rover p2/10, Motor Bikes, Vintage Cars, Jeeps in the paddock, Duke of Wellingtons Regiment ,Home Guard, US beach party, Ladies on the Home Front, Resistance Display, Baby in the Gas Mask, Vintage Cars, Jeeps
Singers: Maria Manchester on the Saturday and Peter Jones on the Sunday. Church Parade 11.00 on Sunday. Home Guard will be doing UXB DISPLAY at 11 30 & 2 30PM US GI’S looking for a spiv on the train (Sat only)
Re-enactors wishing to attend are very welcome, and should contact (01756) 710614 to book in. This needs to be done well in advance so that we can cater for you and provide the best possible experience.
Cream Teas available on Sunday 10th September (1940's Weekend)
- First Class Silver Service: Table seat, embroidered table cloth, head rests and curtains
- Hot beverages of Fresh Ground Filter Coffee or our delightful Yorkshire Tea
- Fresh scone served with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Return journey – your table is reserved for your return journey too – perhaps you’d like to save half of your scone for the way back?
- Refills of our tea and coffee available on the return journey
- Children have the option of a large cookie instead of the scone (most still opt for the scone!)
- Children can have fresh apple or orange juice (instead of tea/coffee) if they prefer
- Day rover ticket to ride on the train for the rest of the day (back in standard class)
- Your Cream Tea ticket includes admission and train ride for the 1940's weekend.
- PLEASE NOTE OUR CREAM TEAS FREQUENTLY SELL OUT! ADVANCE BOOKING ESSENTIAL!
Children (3-15) £16 / Adults £18
We recommend tickets are bought in advance - especially for special events (although our ticket offices can supply tickets on the day of travel too). For Santa Trains and Evening Eats pre-booking is essential. Tickets for the Branch line weekend are purchased by selecting 'Branchline Weekend' on our ticketing system.
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.