Section 1: Along the lines (photographs arranged by location):
SKIPTON – ILKLEY
- Skipton station
- Skipton – Embsay Junction
- Embsay Junction
- Embsay Junction – Embsay
- Embsay station
- Embsay – Holywell
- Hollywell Halt
- Stoneacre Loop
- Stoneacre – Bolton Abbey
- Bolton Abbey station
- Bolton Abbey – Addingham
- Addingham station
- Addingham – Ilkley
- Ilkley station
- beyond Ilkley
YORKSHIRE DALES RAILWAY:
- Embsay Junction – Rylstone
- Rylstone station
- Rylstone – Swinden Limeworks
- Swinden Limeworks
- Swinden Limeworks – Grassington & Threshfield
- Grassington & Threshfield station
Section 2: Historical (photographs arranged by date / photographer):
- John Mills’ collection – North Gawber Colliery, featuring Monckton No.1 – NEW – NOW AVAILABLE
- Pete Burke’s collection – various industrial locations and some mainline
- Gordon Findley & David Cash early society days.
- Jack Smith’s Collection pre closure, local area.
- Geoff Lumb’s Collection pre closure, local area.
- F.W.Smith’s Collection pre closure, some later.
- David Cash’s Collection around closure and during demolition.
- David Hey’s Collection pre closure.
- Walk of the Line 1966, part way through demolition. Colour slides.
- Addingham Electronic Archive featuring Addingham station.
- YDRMT collection
- Early Days 1 mainly from Charles Adams
- Early Days 2 mainly from Charles Adams
- Early Days 3 mainly from Charles Adams
Section 3: Major Projects (photographs arranged by project):
Section 4: Other:
Old Photogallery Index
This page is an index of the various photogalleries on the old website (we’ve
got rather a lot…). There are over 1200
photos on the website, and they have been sorted into categories to aid
finding them. Where possible they are in chronological order within the pages.
Section 1: ALONG THE LINE:
Section 2: LOCOMOTIVES:
Section 3: MEMBERS AT WORK:
Section 4: MAJOR PROJECTS:
Section 5: OTHER:
Section 6: HISTORY:
Operational days – photos taken when the line was operational 1888-1965.
F.W.Smith Archive – photos taken by F.W.Smith of the line through the ages as he has worked on it. Also includes more recent preservation pictures.
Closure – photos taken around and immediately after closure of the line.
Early Days 1 – photos from the early days of the society, leading up to the LRO granted in 1979.
Early Days 2 – photos from the early days of the society, leading up to the LRO granted in 1979.
Early Days 3 – photos from the early days of the society, leading up to the LRO granted in 1979.
Join our newsletter!
We'll send you occasional newsletters with news, events and special offers from the railway. We'll never spam you, nor pass your email to third parties. Unsubscribe at any time.